Top 10 Plants to Make Your Garden Smell Like Heaven
Nothing brings in some goodness to life like fragrant smells coming from a home garden. Better than any aerosol, plants are the all-natural way of giving you some of the most breathtaking sweet scents that you could ever smell. But some plants are better at this than others!
So, if you’re curious about which plants are the most fragrant or you want to start transforming your garden, we’ve got a list for you. Here are the top 10 plants that will make your garden sing with fragrance.
- Jasmine: You see it in your favourite perfumes and deodorant, so why not bring it to your home garden? Jasmine fragrances are as sweet as they are long-lasting. You’ll just keep looking for excuses to stay in your garden!
- Sweetshrub: Named after the Greek Goddess of love and beauty, this plant’s name says it all. They say that the smell of this plant differs for each person. Now, that’s interesting.
- Lavender: It is one of the most popular plants around the world grown for its smell. Why? Well, it is also the main ingredient in scented oils that promote calming and soothing sensations.
- Gardenia: It’s wonderful when you have sweet smelling flowers, but it’s amazing when they don’t require much maintenance and bloom quite often. That’s exactly why the Gardenia is special.
- Hyacinth: These plants bloom in a variety of colours like violet, pink, red and blue to name a few. Each colour has its distinctive scent and will add a layer of complexity to your garden.
- Lilac: Not often seen around in gardens despite being known as the queen of fragrant flowers, the Lilac could be what sets your garden apart. They are hardy and, at times, bloom 2-3 times in a year.
- Scented Geranium: Rather than just one plant, this is an entire family of plants that bloom with unique smelling flowers. You have the choice of over 200 varieties that can adorn and beautify your garden.
- Eucalyptus: No, we’re not talking about the fast-growing trees that need constant pruning. Instead, try the Eucalyptus shrubs that give off a subtle, sweet scent without taking too much of your time or effort.
- Sweet Bay: We always look to flowers as being the fragrant part but what if leaves could do just that, maybe even better? Sweet Bay leaves not only add a wonderful aroma to your garden but can also be used to add interesting flavours to your cooking!
- Rose: Saving the best for last, you can’t think of having a fragrant garden without a Rose. They are to flowers what diamonds are to gemstones, priceless and adored. A Rosebush can be the centre attraction of any fragrant garden.
Well, you now have a considerable list of fragrant plants to choose from, so spend some time and take your pick. No matter which plant you choose to grow, your garden is sure to smell like heaven soon!